Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Another day in Northern Ireland

Hey guys! It's Chris, this week has been both challenging and amazing. God has helped me grow within and He helped me grow comfortable with myself. Today we worked at the Kairos center again and the kids just loved the activities we did. My favorite part of the day was this evening, there was a teen drop-in event where the teens come to the Kairos center to hang out and have a good time. The teens there had a a lot of fun and they were so accepting and loving. The guys that work at the kairos center are accepting as we'll, our two teams have already been forming good friendships. I have been forming friendships with a guy named Mark and a girl named Shannon. They are both really cool people who love The Lord with all their hearts. I'm sure you'll see them in some of the pictures we are posting. Well I'm tired so ill get going. I love you all and miss you! Cheers!

Everybody always says that a missions trip is not the place to fall in love, but I think I have... I've fallen in love with this country. From morning prayer walks through a forest to the beach where you can see snow capped mountains and miles of landscape, to team meetings in our stinky lounge, or the fabulous accents we all are managing to pick up (at least a wee bit) this place is amazing. This morning we had some worship and a small message from our host leprechaun, John, with some of the n.irish teens we've been working with and got to have lunch with them. Then we went to the kairos center to host a kids club and just reflect the love of Christ into the kids' lives. Today we told the story of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego and the firey furnace, the kids were quite interested in my story telling, but it may have just been a fascination with my "American accent". The kids had so much fun being loved on and spending time with us. It's been great forming relationships with the other teens we've been working with (who are as lost as we are in everything we're supposed to be leading). The night time event was geared more towards the middle school aged group, and I have learned... Middle school girls are the same no matter what country you are in. It was great getting to talk to them and get to know them a little.
Bye.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds amazing so far! Philly sends its prayers with you as you serve so far from home. Have fun and stay safe while shining bright!
    ~ Philly team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, We're going to see if this works for me today ... I'm so technologically deficient :o I love, love, love, reading all the posts and checking up on all the missions teams. I am in awe of what God is doing in the groups and I'm so proud of everyone who has stepped out of their comfort zone and is allowing God to work in and through them as they minister to a lost and needy world. I posted a comment on the first day but it is now floating around somewhere in cyberspace but it was an encouragement to all of you from a young woman who's life was specifically affected through the work of a missionary. It's so exciting to know that God will use the seeds you plant, the work you do, and the unconditional love of Christ you show, all for His Kingdom and His Glory. Know that each of you are covered in prayer and we wait anxiously to hear all that God is doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep lifting Jesus up! We are so proud of you all...
    Blessings. <><

    David Meacham.

    ReplyDelete